Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

BookMarks

Hi All

is it possible to select all in a book mark and exclude certain selection, but if the dataset updates with new data in that field to include the new data?

If you select the book mark "Correct Models" it will select everything except 325i which is what I selected

but now when the dataset has updated and there is a new row for Bmw 135i I want this to be included in my bookmark selection.

is there a way to allow the book mark to include new data?

Original Data

ItemNoCarBrandModelValue
1ToyotaCorolla1000
2HyundaiAtos1500
3Bmw325i5000

Bmw

525i6000

Updated Data:

ItemNoCarBrandModelValue
1ToyotaCorolla1000
2HyundaiAtos1500
3Bmw325i5000

Bmw

525i6000
5Bmw135i9000
10 Replies
avinashelite

qlikview store the Bookmarks a .shared files , One way would be is to read this .shared files using

one of the utilities from Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView to extract the data

or

You could "Replace" the current bookmark, which is essentially updating it.  Just make the selections you want, and from the Bookmarks menu, select "Replace Bookmark", and select the bookmark you want to replace (or update).

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Unfortunately in the real model, there are quite a few selections so redoing the book mark is not an option...

avinashelite

Did you tried my other suggestion

"

qlikview store the Bookmarks a .shared files , One way would be is to read this .shared files using

one of the utilities from Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView to extract the data and update it according to the requirement "

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check this attached work around. I used a trigger to create the BM. This is one time action after every reload. In desktop version, you can set this action with OnPostReload trigger too.

marcus_sommer

I think you will need a search-expressions which all dimension-values includes unless those one which you explicit excludes. Here are very good explanations how you could create such search expression/string:

The Expression Search

Compound Search - demystified | Qlik Community

- Marcus

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tresesco

I think this may work for me, but instead of creating a new book mark I replace the original, otherwise I will end up with many bookmarks for the same selection... I just need to test this some more.

elyM
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI,

you can apply your selection [Model] field as

selection.png

=not wildMatch(Model,'325i')

and save it as bookMark.

Regards,

Ely

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tresesco

I just realized that the users need to be able to recreate the bookmarks if need be.

is there another way to manage the the filters simply maybe on a spreadsheet that can be updated.by the users... ?

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash

unfortunately I am unable to install any other applications based on my environment, so I cant even attempt it...