Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RohanPR
Contributor
Contributor

Calculate Previous Month Value based on Filter Selection

Hi,

I know this topic has been discussed many time and I have gone through each and every post. However, I am unable to get previous month value (count of account number) for the current year in my data set. The sample of my data set is given below

Month_Production , Acc_No,  Category

Jan -18 , 123456,E

Jan-18, 234567,E

Jan-18, 123567,E

Feb-18, 246801, E

Feb-18, 357680,E

Mar-18,786502,E

Jan-18, 234590, P

Jan-18, 349086,P

Jan-18, 124509,P

Feb-18, 567890,P

Feb-18, 788090,P

Feb-18, 890877,P

E.g. 1  If I select category E and Month_Prod as Feb-18 from the multi drop down filter  then the Prev month count for account number should display 3

E.g. 2 If I select category E and Month_Prod as Mar-18 from the multi drop down filter then the Prev month count for account number should display 2.  

PS: I wan to display the number in the text box in front end. I used set analysis but didn't end up with right answer. Looking forward to a quick TAT. Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards,

Rohan

13 Replies
RohanPR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

again thanks for all your help Smiley Happy

RohanPR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sunny,

I am reopening this discussion again. I am facing a peculiar problem. When I do the calculation you provided in a text box I get a different number for both current month as well as for previous month. However, when I plot it on a graph either as a table or bar chart I get the exact correct numbers which is there in my excel. Jut to give some more context, the account numbers repeat in a month. Any reason why this is happening? My account number gets linked with other tables. However, that is not causing the problem since the table chart gives me exact numbers but in the text box I get a different number..

I need count(Account Number) every month and not count(distinct Account Number) in the text box.  I tried count(Account Number) in the text box calculation, however it doesn't count duplicate values

Regards,

Rohan 

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issue?

dching
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Guys - i am new to qlik sense - i have the same issue - i want previous month KPI to be based on filtered selection. e.g. if i select June i want previous month(May)figures to show - can someone please help ??