Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar Object

Background:
Let's say that you looking at the total revenue made on May 11,2009. Naturally you want to compare this number to the revenue you made on May 11, 2008. Only to find that you made significantly less this year than last. You do some research and find that the drop is because May 11 last year, fell on a Sunday (your busiest day of the week) and May 11 this year fell on a Monday (your slowest day of the week.)

More on Background:
It won't just be a specific day as well. Some months have an extra Sunday when comparing previous years. So when comparing a Month-to-Date scenario, or a total month revenue, that extra Sunday will throw a bit of a skew in a progress curve.

Issue:
I need help adding two or more calendar objects (or something similar) next to my graph. That shows the current selected month, and each seperate calendar object shows the same month for previous years. That way I can have a solution to comparing the selected month for each selected year.

Ideas on Solution:
Is there a calendar object, which I can set the current month and year to the selected current month and years via a macro?
I have though about using Images of each month and year, but this would require alot of images, time, and maintenance. If Images is the only way, How do you set the current image via a macro?

Any input on a possible solution, even if it is not mentioned above, would be valued.

Also, where is there a good guide on qlikview macro commands and syntax?

13 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You probably just need to keep experimenting, but we can probably use the first example I posted as a starting point and example. Right click on the week heading cell, and select custom format cell. Set the background color to 220,220,220, which is the same gray as the grid lines. Do the same for the week data cell. You should then have the gray bar like I had, just with a heading and values in it. Easy enough to remove those, as indicated in the second example I posted, leaving you with only gray bars.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With the first document you posted, the gridlines are blue. After changing the before and after border colors, the verticle lines are gray, but the horizontal ones stay blue. Also, even after changing the first two columns to gray, there is still a bold black 'L' shape seperating the two columns.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Sounds like we're just not seeing the same thing, possibly because of different QlikView versions, or maybe there are user settings that override the document on either my machine or yours. Guess you'll just have to play with it. Sorry!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all of your help.