Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_small_t
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calulate a percentage matrix in a set-analysis

Hei

i have one matrix with municipality numers vertically and the number of students on each of four schools horisontally. Like this:

Table1:
LOAD * INLINE [
Mnr, S1, S2, S3,S4
1, 18, 2, 10, 1
2, 12, 13, 4, 4
3, 9, 12, 6, 15
4, 3, 17, 5, 11
];

As well I have a table with the expected population in each municipalty next year. Like this:

Table2:
LOAD * INLINE [
Mnr, Population_nextYear
1, 35
2, 31
3, 52
4, 25
];

I then want to "spread" the population i each municipality next year according to the school-preference in Table1. This means i have to calculate the percentage per school per municipality (each municipalyt should sum to 100%) from Table1, and then multiply each school-percentage with the expected population next year in the relevant municipality from Table2. The result should than be a Table3 with the four Mnr vertically and the four schools horisontally, populated with the number of students based on the population next year.

I want to do this in a set analysis. How can i do this?

Regards, 
Torbjørn

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Currently there are 31 students in Mnr = 1 and next year you will have 35. So, based on the percentage for S1 = 18/31, you expect to see 18*35/31 = 20 students or 21 students because the number that you get is in decimals (20.32258)

Mr_small_t
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

yes, I do understand the math in this. But the question is how it can be done as a set analysis.

Regards,
Torbjørn

sunny_talwar

huh?? I am asking what the result you want to get? I am sure you know the math behind it, but can you teach us the math behind it 🙂