cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANCasselman
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Cascading or Nested Alternate States

I have a requirement to show engagement for a series of emails, and we want to see how recipients react with successive emails through the journey.  I have this set up and working using set analysis in variables and dynamic expressions, but I'm wondering if there is a better, more efficient way of achieving this (and maintaining it). 

I have attached a sample document for reference.  Basically what should happen is that the user makes a selection in AltState1 then each subsequent State takes the profiles included in the previous state and overlays it's own filters, the 3rd state takes profiles that are included in States 1 and 2, etc. As of now, I'm using intersections in set analysis to accomplish this:

Set1: {<EmailSent_count = {'>0'}>}

Set2: {<EmailSent_count = {'>0'}>*<em_ProfileID = p({Set1<EmailSent_count = {'>0'}>} em_ProfileID)>} ... and so on

I'm setting this all up in variables so I can piece the bits of set analysis code together as needed for each chart, making it as modular as I know now, but i wonder if there is a better way.  Also would be nice if this rule considering previous States would affect the possible values showing in each state's filters.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I can offer are the following:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/LoadData/best-p...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/application-per...

Hopefully they may be of some help to confirm if you have done best practices with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.