Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Case Senstive field

Hi,

I have an issues on one of my Qlikview files.  I am running the below load script, and owner is a field that comes from a table called opencall

Users_2:

LOAD firstname,

surname,

firstname&' '&surname as full_name,

keysearch as owner;

select distinct (opencall.owner),

userdb.firstname,

userdb.surname,

userdb.keysearch

from opencall

LEFT JOIN userdb

on opencall.owner = userdb.keysearch

order by firstname;

I have a listbox in my document where the Field is full_name. The script as a whole allows me to select the full name of a person (such as Joe Bloggs) and then it looks at the owner field which is the username (such as bloggsj).  The link between owner and the full name is the keysearch field.

However in the keysearch field the username is bloggsj and in the owner field it is BLOGGSJ, therefore when searching the fullname field, it cannot be viewedIn my load script is ther a way that I can somehow ignore the owner as being case sensitive so the keysearch field and owner match up no matter if it is uppercase or not?

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jon,

If the literal value is the same, although in some cases upper and some others lowercase, I'd use one of either functions to get that working:

Example:

LOAD *

FROM ...

WHERE Lower(owner) = Lower(keysearch)

so you force the condition to return true regardless the case of the values that the field stores in each record.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The best way to make sure the keysearch and owner fields match up is to use the upper function on both when loading the fields. Or use the lower function on both. There is no way to disable case sensitivity, not globally and not for individual fields.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jon,

If the literal value is the same, although in some cases upper and some others lowercase, I'd use one of either functions to get that working:

Example:

LOAD *

FROM ...

WHERE Lower(owner) = Lower(keysearch)

so you force the condition to return true regardless the case of the values that the field stores in each record.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Both,  I have done as you said and it has worked correctly.