Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the frequency of values in dimension

I'm plotting a line chart, where the dimension has many date values in the x-axis. Need to reduce the frequency of dimension as once in 3 days. Please advise. Thank you

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In properties > axis  select a static step of 3.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, tried your suggestion. Still it didn't work. Below is the screen shot of the axes tab. Thanks

Static_Step.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to do it in the lower half (dimension axis) not the upper half (expression axis).

Select Continuous.  Unselect Stagger Labels. 

You should then be able to enter a Static Step on the dimension.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I tried your suggestion.

1. Unchecked "Stagger box"
  2. selected Continuous box, and applied the chart vanishes in the visual area leaving a message "No numeric values on x-axis "

If i'm not wrong the x-axis contains date values which on converting to number type may work.

Attached the screen shot of chart area after selecting continuouscontineous x-axis.PNG check box Please advise.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not sure.  Your axis does have to be numeric.

And from here I can't tell if it is.  it would seem that Qlikview doesn't think it is.

Is your field actually a date and time field?  I think you may need to use a date only field.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, the source is from a CSV file and the column, earlier was timestamped. But after your suggestion converted it to date only column. Still it didn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

insert sad face.

can you upload a sample file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ahhh.... I tried to reduce the x-axis interval by using MOD(DATE,3) = '0'  through script and it worked now. Thanks

Date once in 3days.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Glad to hear it!