Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart expressions display inconsistently

Greetings. I have a chart with a dimension of "Project Name". I have the following expressions: Project No,; Alloc Code; Type; Past three years aggregated individually; Aggregate Total;Percent of Project.

In some rows Project No, Alloc Code and Type do not display. I have created a table box with Project No and Project name. If I search the table box for any of the projects with non displayed fields in the chart , the chart then displays the three fields which were not previously displayed.

How can I get the three intermittantly displayed fields to display always?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you don't specify an aggregation function in an expression (like sum,count, max etc) then the only() function is used. The only() function can only return a value if only one value exists for the dimension values of that row. If more values exists then null is returned. It sounds like this is happening in your case.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the rapid respnse.

Neither the Max nor the Maxstring functions have produced any results. These are test fields. What functions can I use on text fields that are in expressions?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

try CONCAT(Distinct yourfield, ' ')

javier_florian
Creator III
Creator III

Did you try with Straight table? Are your aggregate variables (Aggregate Total) calculated like an expression?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your assistance. While I was attempting to use your solution, I stumbled across the answer. I moved the fields that were intermittent from expressions to dimensions and it works fine now.

Thanks You