Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cige
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Colors in a pie chart with calculated dimension

Hi experts,

I'm trying to get familiar with the tool and thanks to your advices and examples I've been able to solve the majority of my every day problems, but not this one.

In this paricular case I'm trying to understand how the colors of my pie chart are assigned in order associate the right one to the desired value of my calculated dimension.

I created a sample of data and highlighted the problem I'm facing with the Black color.
Despite being able to order the values of my legend with the Dual() function when I arrange the colors in the proper tab those seem to ignore the order I created and proceed with the 'original' order of the labels.

Am I missing something here or do you know a better way to end up with the expected result??

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated help!
Best regards,
Cige

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

The colors are according to the data, or measure, not dimension

Cige
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

And that could help me find the solution?
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a Design Blog post related to chart colors:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Colors-in-charts/ba-p/1475280

Here is the Help for Pie Chart object:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Pie_Chart.htm

Have a read through those and see if you find your answer there, if not, or if something is confusing the doc, shout back, and we can try to find further info at that point, but to Lisa's point, it seems you may be going at things incorrectly, which is why I am posting the links for you to check things there first.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.