Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Formula not returning exact results

I am new to Qlikview so please excuse this easy question.

I am trying to create a straight table in which there is an Author column and an Nutra Cold Call calculation based on the results being "yes" in my database.

I have asked it to use a unique field (PrinRprt_ID) to count if this Nutra field is equal to Y.

However, when I create this - it does not return any results.

Here is my table - What am I missing??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Misty

Nutra_Call.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Misty,

the conditional enablement is used to enable or disable the expression completely (i.e. evaluated once per chart calculation), not record based. For example, you can use a variable to enable / disable the expression, and you can set the variable via a button or an input box. You should not use an expression here that can't be evaluated to an unambiguous result in global context (like in a text box). So I would suggest just disabling the conditional again.

I think this is what you need here (in expression definition):

=count( if(NUTRA_NEW_COLD_CALL = 'Y', PrinRprt_ID))

or

=count({<NUTRA_NEW_COLD_CALL = {Y}>} PrinRprt_ID)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Misty,

the conditional enablement is used to enable or disable the expression completely (i.e. evaluated once per chart calculation), not record based. For example, you can use a variable to enable / disable the expression, and you can set the variable via a button or an input box. You should not use an expression here that can't be evaluated to an unambiguous result in global context (like in a text box). So I would suggest just disabling the conditional again.

I think this is what you need here (in expression definition):

=count( if(NUTRA_NEW_COLD_CALL = 'Y', PrinRprt_ID))

or

=count({<NUTRA_NEW_COLD_CALL = {Y}>} PrinRprt_ID)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much!! That worked perfectly and now I understand with the "conditional" box is referring to.

Thank you again...I have wasted hours on this and really appreciate the help!!
Have a great day!

Misty