Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGesterkamp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Correct display positive and negative amount an calculation

Hi There

I have a problem solving the issue in the Table below.

One collum (DC) indicates wether the amount has to  added or deducted from the total amount.  So when DC (Deb/Cred) is 'C' ,  the RentalDay  and the TotalAmount has to be Negative (and deducted in the summary amount)

I tried  like : IF(DC='D',  RentaDays, -RentalDays)  .... that wil display coorectly but stil  in the summary it wil add instead of deduct the number.  (same for the amounts).  What should be the correct set?

(should be)
DCPriceRentalDaysTotal AmountRentalDaysTotalAmount
 €      1,006 €             6,006 €             6,00
C €      2,002 €             4,00-2 €           -4,00
D €      2,009 €           18,002 €           18,00
D €      3,005 €           15,003 €           15,00
C €      1,001 €             1,00-1 €           -1,00

SUM 23 €           44,008 €           34,00
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

your issue is that the if function is evaluated in the total row once again so it gives you the result of what is in the total in column DC 

you have two options :

1.select in the expression total the method to be : "some of rows "

2. change your expression to sum(aggr( IF(DC='D',  RentaDays, -RentalDays) ,XXXX))

instead of the the XXXX in the expression you need to write your table dimensions 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

your issue is that the if function is evaluated in the total row once again so it gives you the result of what is in the total in column DC 

you have two options :

1.select in the expression total the method to be : "some of rows "

2. change your expression to sum(aggr( IF(DC='D',  RentaDays, -RentalDays) ,XXXX))

instead of the the XXXX in the expression you need to write your table dimensions 

PGesterkamp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Again

Thanks verry much for the support (on a Sunday). Item 2 was the solution I was looking for