Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Correct sorting in a Bar Chart

Hey guys,

i build a bar chart with several objects and values based on a date. But now I want to have a sorting regarding to the date and not regarding to all values, like it is at the moment. How I have to fix my sorting configures?

Thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

So, you want to sort the 2nd dimension according to the expression Sum(Value) ? And use different sort orders within the different dates?

If so, I must unfortunately say that it is not possible. The sort orders are global for the entire object, and cannot be different within the different values of the 1st dimension.

HIC

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I can't see anything wrong.. The bars are already sorted based on data !
Am i missing something?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

So, you want to sort the 2nd dimension according to the expression Sum(Value) ? And use different sort orders within the different dates?

If so, I must unfortunately say that it is not possible. The sort orders are global for the entire object, and cannot be different within the different values of the 1st dimension.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Oh wrong example. Here You see at the first date that the Value '15' is "higher" then Value '16'.

... !

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Where?

Not applicable
Author

In your example the Value 16 is assigned to Object C. But in the data there is no Object C with Value 16. Run the script and then you will see that 16 is become the position under the 15 again.

Tab:

LOAD * INLINE [

Datum, Objekt, Value

1.1.2015, A, 10

1.1.2015, B, 10

1.1.2015, C, 15

1.1.2015, D, 16

2.2.2015, A, 25

2.2.2015, B, 25

2.2.2015, C, 50

2.2.2015, D, 45

];

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check this.

Not applicable
Author

Okay now let´s have a look at the second bar chart. Value 50 is under value 45. This is not correct. Maybe Qlikview is not able to this?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

As Henric replied, you can't have different sort order for different bar in same chart. This is not possible in QlikView.