Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

qlikviewdk
New Contributor

Count Distinct on Qlikview empty dimensional values?

Hi Community,

I'm currently working on a dashboard where I count the amount of customers I've given a call. For each call there are a number of dimensions which can be filled in (or not). When I load the data as flat file (where all dimensions are added in the fact) the count distinct on customer_id goes fine. However, as we are using a dimensional model loaded from FACT and DIMENSION tables I would like to keep my starmodel in Qlikview for readability and structure.

It works as follows: I have a VISIT table, with a PRODUCT_ID (which is nullable) and a CUSTOMER_ID, which is linked to PRODUCT on PRODUCT_ID. When I do a count(distinct(CUSTOMER_ID)) without putting PRODUCT_NAME (from the PRODUCT_TABLE), the count is fine. However when I add the PRODUCT_NAME it behaves strangely for my count. It counts customers without any PRODUCT_NAME as 1 for value "", which is as expected. However, when I have a customer with both a PRODUCT_NAME A and no PRODUCT_NAME it counts the customer as 1 for PRODUCT_NAME A and 0 for PRODUCT_NAME "".

I would expect it to be 1 for PRODUCT_NAME A and 1 for PRODUCT_NAME "".

What am I doing wrong here and how can I make my null value count correct as well?

Thanks and Regards,

QlikviewDK