Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

jjordaan
Valued Contributor

Create LinkTable for creating MasterCalendar

Hello QlikView lovers,

I am working on a QV app to create a data model.
I try wherever possible to work towards a Star model. So I created a facttable called 'Transactions'  (Sales Lines, Purchase Lines).
The original sales lines contain 2 date fields and the original purchase lines 4.
Through a Link Table I want to place alle the date fields into the LinkTable so I can then created a MasterCalender out of the LinkTable.
I only got $ Syn keys because all the fields are from the same table wich I created through the concatenate  action.

I'm totally stuck with this problem

How do I fix this?

As an attachment I attached an example QVW and the 2 QVD's wich contains the data.

Thanks for the help.

17 Replies
pgalvezt
Valued Contributor

Re: Create LinkTable for creating MasterCalendar

If What you want is eliminate the Sys Keys you need to use a Mapping Function.

Hope Help you.

jjordaan
Valued Contributor

pgalvezt,

Thanks for your help.

Last night (I didn't saw your post till this morning) I created a different model.

I don't get any Sys Keys anymore but can you tell me if this is the best way to create a calender if I want to use multiple date fields from the same (concatenated) table.

I added an example as a attachment.

Thanks for your time again.

pgalvezt
Valued Contributor

There is a CookBook in QlikView one of the models is called master calender take a look is very usefull. Now you can check your model using your data and compare with report results.

jjordaan
Valued Contributor

pgalvezt,

I can't find the MasterCalendar in the cookbook?

pgalvezt
Valued Contributor

I atttached a calendar Master.

Hope Help you.

Not applicable

My understaning of Master Calender is connect the rest of the dates from different tables to MC using alias right. For instance I have multiple dates from various tables and when i was trying to connect to MC, end up with synthic keys.

I have modified your MC script, have look at it and see where am i making mistake. Other words please let me know what is the best way to handle this situeation.

thnaks for your help.

jjordaan
Valued Contributor

Pgalvezt,

First off all thank you for your reaction.

My question is not how I should make a calendar but more of how can I create a Master Calendar of multiple dates from the same (concatenated transaction)? I think that I have to create a linked table. I would like to know if the linked table that I made in the example is the right way to create a linked table by using multiple date fields of the same table and then uses the linked table to create a Master Calendar.

jjordaan
Valued Contributor

Hi PurnaC10,

I modified your qvw.

Take a look at it.

I hope it will help you.

If you have any questions don't hasitate to ask.

Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your script with us. man you have answered my question and im going throght your modifed script and let you know if i have any questions.

Thank you very much for your time.

Community Browser