cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create buttons to select table data based on expression columns

Hi, all,

I want to create buttons to select data based on more than one expression column in same table.

I know how to do that if I only use one column. Use the "Limit" setting in "Dimension Limits" tab and create a variable to used by the button.

The problem is that when I need to select the table based a second column (or even third column) in the same table, I do not know how do that.

It seems the "expression column" can not be used as a "Filed" in the Button Properties.

So how can I do that, is it possible?

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Zhihong He wrote:

It seems the "expression column" can not be used as a "Filed" in the Button Properties.

So how can I do that, is it possible?

You are right. expression column can't be referenced as a field. Moreover, you can't make a selection in an expression but field. Could have been easier for us to think of an alternative, had you explained a bit more with sample data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, tresesco,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Let me explain why I would like to create these buttons. This is actually related to create the reports using nprinting. And as nprinting can filter data based on the variables and Filed (no expression column as well) form qlikview, so I am thinking about creating variables in qlikview.

But as I mentioned, I know how to do that using "Dimension Limits" tab on the first "expression column" (column 2 in the table, column 1 is a dimension ). Then I can create report 1 in nprinting. Next, when I need to create report 2 in nprinting, which need to filter the table data based on another "expression column" (column 4). Then I do not know how to do that. Or is it possible to select the "expression column" (not only the "first expression") to be used in "Dimension Limits" to filter data?