Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III

Data Loading/Scripting

Hi,

I have a Message Log table which records the date and time for all the online members which login onto the online systems. Now I have to provide the count for the logins/incoming traffic for our member portal page.

The login count rule is that if a member login on a particular date for eg 06/17/12 more than one time still it will be consider as a single login for that day. The login date count are based on the month.

So should I load my table normally and join it with the calendar table that i have created or there is some catch during the loading in order to achieve the required count rule.

Thanks,

H

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

H

I would create a table with a key of user id and date with a login flag (0 means no login, 1 means one or more logins for that user on that date).

Using a table (Data) containing user ids and actial login dates, you could use something like this to create a login flag table:

LoginTable:

LOAD Distinct

userid,

Date(Floor(date)) As date,

1 As login_flag

Resident Data;

How you use depends on details of your data model.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I have attached an Example.qvw with the excel data file. Can you modify the qvw according to the scripting-logic you suggested?

Thanks,

H