cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

Data Model Question

Dear All,

dm.JPG

Suddenly I want to add new field  Base Division inthis data model I have brig BASE_DIV in all transaction but how to accomplish in data model without making lot of chages in data model.

Thanks.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
6 Replies
Not applicable

good luck

vikasmahajan
Author

Thanks any idea how to acheive the same ?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
Not applicable

Can u explain more ?

u already have BASE_DIV, where do u want to add ?

what do u mean by brig BASE_DIV ?

i thing i can see is that u also need to remove the circular loops in ur model

Regards

vikasmahajan
Author

Thanks for Reply , There is a confusion it solved with no changes in data model.

Vidit
Creator
Creator

Hi Vikas,

first of all you need to check the usage of that column that you want to add.

1)If its just a measure i.e. some data you want to display or use, than simply add it to any of your fact tables where it is most relevant. and no change in data model is required.

2) ifs its a column thats important from data reterival point of view and on who's basis you want to join your several tables, than you need to add it in all your tables and that will require change in data model.

Leo

vikasmahajan
Author

Thanks for your reply , This is resolved actually. But good if suddenly We have got this type of requirement then

we have think.

Vikas