Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data set design - Product vs Market

Struggling with what I think is probably easy so hope there is a solution.  I have two data sets.  They are similar (Date,Price and Scenario) but one is Market and one is Product.  Example is market would be Apple but Product would be Apple Juice, Apple Sauce, etc.

I want to plot the prices for Market and for Product.  Each market relates to certain products. 

I'm a beginner in data design. I cant select a market and product at the same time.  I'm thinking I need another table where Market and Product could intersect?  Like

Market  Product

Apple     Apple Juice

Apple     Apple Sauce

Does that sound right?  Would this allow me to have Market and Product selected?  If no, any ideas on possible solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone.  I believe the answer is to have data islands.  I will set a new thread if i need help with that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Could you post sample data?

You can create key which combines 2 or 3 fields but when we see your data that will shed more light on your request.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess there is at least one more field like Product apart from - Date,Price and Scenario. Could you share a sample set of your tables?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone.  I believe the answer is to have data islands.  I will set a new thread if i need help with that.