Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quamie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Date Variable in Expression

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty getting a date variable to work as part of my set analysis.

I'm using a Hierarchy Table, and HierarchyBelongsTo table to produce a listbox with totals;

Set1.PNG

My expression works with a hardcoded date, but I can not seem to get it to function with a variable.

SUM({1}if(ParentID=AncestorID,aggr(Count({1<_DateField={'2/28/2019'}>}DISTINCT([Person Number])),AncestorID),0))

I've tried a few different solutions found on these forums, but can't seem to get anything to work.

The closest I've gotten is;

SUM({1}if(ParentID=AncestorID,aggr(Count({1<_DateField={"=$(=Date(vDateField, 'M-D-YYYY'))"}>}DISTINCT([Person Number])),AncestorID),0))

This returns a value, but not the correct values.

Using a Calendar Object to set the date Variable;

set2.PNGset3.PNGset4.PNG

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This should work, just changed the Date format.

SUM({1}if(ParentID=AncestorID,aggr(Count({1<_DateField={"=$(=Date(vDateField, 'M/D/YYYY'))"}>}DISTINCT([Person Number])),AncestorID),0))

If it doesn't, then create a new straight table, add this as expression (No Dimension & No Label to the Expression). After Apply, just take your cursor on the label of the expression and check if the $() in Set analysis gave you right date.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This should work, just changed the Date format.

SUM({1}if(ParentID=AncestorID,aggr(Count({1<_DateField={"=$(=Date(vDateField, 'M/D/YYYY'))"}>}DISTINCT([Person Number])),AncestorID),0))

If it doesn't, then create a new straight table, add this as expression (No Dimension & No Label to the Expression). After Apply, just take your cursor on the label of the expression and check if the $() in Set analysis gave you right date.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Quamie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Now I feel dumb!
Thank you for your help 🙂
One minor adjustment, had to get rid of an = character in the string

SUM({1}if(ParentID=AncestorID,aggr(Count({1<_DateField={"$(=Date(vDateField, 'M/D/YYYY'))"}>}DISTINCT([Person Number])),AncestorID),0))