Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

cliff_clayman
Contributor

Date functions within a straight table

I am looking to determine if a transaction date occurred in the last 3 or 6 months in a straight table.  The two fields are FullName and TransactionDate.  I need to find the last transaction date and compare it to today's date and determine if there has not been a transaction within the last 3 months and the last 6 months or greater.  How would I go about doing this?

10 Replies

Re: Date functions within a straight table

Perhaps like this: If([ Today() - TransactionDate > 90 and Today() - TransactionDate < 180 , 'Yes', 'No')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
cliff_clayman
Contributor

That gives me the raw data I need, but how do I limit it to just see those names that have not had a transaction within the last 3 and 6 months?

Please post a small qlikview document with example data.

cliff_clayman
Contributor

Here is some sample data with a straight table. !

Try

If( Today() -only( {<FullName=E({<TransactionDate={"=TransactionDate>Today()-180 and TransactionDate<Today()-90"}>}FullName)>}  [TransactionDate] ) > 90 and Today() -only( {<FullName=E({<TransactionDate={"=TransactionDate>Today()-180 and TransactionDate<Today()-90"}>}FullName)>}  [TransactionDate] )< 180 , 'No', 'Yes')

cliff_clayman
Contributor

I only want to see the last transaction date if there are multiple dates for a name.  How can I do that?

Try max(<FullName=E({<TransactionDate={"=TransactionDate>Today()-180 and TransactionDate<Today()-90"}>}FullName)>} TransactionDate)

cliff_clayman
Contributor

There is an error in that expression...

vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

Is that flower bracket that is missing Gysbert?

Add Flower bracket highlighed in red and try Cliff...

max({<FullName = E({< TransactionDate={"=TransactionDate>Today()-180 and TransactionDate<Today()-90"}>}FullName)>} TransactionDate)

Community Browser