Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Decile Analysis

Hi all,

Does anyone ever did a decile analysis before? In case you do not know decile, its something like Pareto Select but is in 10 portion instead of 2.

Decile analysis splits eg. users into 10 evenly numbered groups, which Pareto analysis splits the top 20% from the bottom 80%.

Currently I'm using slider to let user choose each decile using coloring in a straight table chart. Another button to trigger macro using GetCell to loop this table checking the range applicable and add into array, subsequently flush the array into Current Selection. This getcell method really is time-consuming. User can then analyze base on Current Selection. But this only analyze each decile at a time, in future I'd need to see the decile in totality, means to see all the 10 portions at 1 glance (eg. trellis) which I do not know any way to do it.

Anyone has any idea on my GetCell method above which is very time-consuming, imagine I have 10mil of users in that table.

Any expert can assist on the decile in totality? Perhaps using set analysis or manipulating Pareto? 1st off, I'll try use Pareto to manipulate but really appreciate the expert out there to help and input ideas...thx in advance.

Davis

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Davis,

Well the problem with the length of the slider was easily fixed, I could just drag him and make him longer. Then 'fix' the length.

Next challenge however, is how to show the data according to the selection in the slider.

In your example you use a macro, is it also possible to use a formula or something?

In the example I have succesfully made the slider, now I would like to adjust the table next to it, according to the vTop and vBottom values...

Thanks for helping me!

greetings,

Wouter Hollander