Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default Editor Font

Hello all:

Everytime I open a new instance of Qlikview my default font for the editor is set to Arial 10 pt (this is not ideal for scripting & expression building). In user preferences I change my default font to Courier New 9 pt, hit apply, then ok, then save, and then closed all instances of the application. When I reopen, the font is set back to Arial 10 pt.

This is driving me crazy. It's not just in one QVW either, it's in all of them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben D.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil:

I tried this multiple times without any success; however, I was just hitting the default button, which automatically changed them all to Courier New 9 pt font. Upon closing and reopening they would go back to Arial 10 pt. What I needed to do was manually change the top one (Normal Text) to Courier New 9 pt. After doing this they all changed and remained Courier New 9 pt.

Thank you for steering me in the right direction!

Also, reporting this as a bug.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
malhaar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

There are two additional selections one for Text Type and below that "Module" and "Scripts and Expressions". Make sure you are changing the ones you need.

Not applicable
Author

I did check all of these--they're all set to Courier New 9 pt. When I exit and reopen they all change to Arial 10 pt font.

Not applicable
Author

Please help--this is driving me crazy.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Did you try like this

Settings -> User Preferences -> Editor

Changes the font size and family and save the file.

Hope that helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil:

I tried this multiple times without any success; however, I was just hitting the default button, which automatically changed them all to Courier New 9 pt font. Upon closing and reopening they would go back to Arial 10 pt. What I needed to do was manually change the top one (Normal Text) to Courier New 9 pt. After doing this they all changed and remained Courier New 9 pt.

Thank you for steering me in the right direction!

Also, reporting this as a bug.