Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different scales on guages in guage chart?

Hi,

I have a straight table chart with an expression presented as a linear guage. The expression is an amount of sales against target (I'm using a variable to hold the expression, $(vAmountOfSalesAgainstTarget) ), which is evaluated as a number: 1 meaning sales equals targets, 0.9 means sales is 90% of target, 1.1 means 110% of target. The dimension is Department.

I want the maximum value for each guage in each row to be either 1, or the sales against target for that department, whichever is greatest.

I am getting this to work using

NumMax(Max(Aggr($(vSalesAmountAgainstTarget), [Department])), 1)

However, this sets the same maximum value for all guages in the table, so they all end up having the same scale. I want each guage to have their own maximum. Is this possible?

Thanks, I hope I have made myself clear!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Min, Max, and the size of all the segments are fixed in a Gauge that's included in a Straight Table. You should pre-calculate the max. for all the departments and use that as your consistent Max.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Min, Max, and the size of all the segments are fixed in a Gauge that's included in a Straight Table. You should pre-calculate the max. for all the departments and use that as your consistent Max.

Not applicable
Author

That's a shame, I think it would be nice to have a dynamic max for each guage in a chart. Maybe this will be considered as a new feature for the next version.

Thanks for your input anyway!

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

FYI, I've just stumbled across the same issue and I'm using version 10. So no new feature yet I'm afraid :o(