cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mee-qlik
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Dynamic Cyclic Groups and Conditionally hiding a column

I have defined  3 dimension in the cyclic group $(v_dimension1),$(v_dimension2),$(v_dimension3). Then I can dynamically change the dimensions in the cyclic group setting the 3 variables. But, if one of this dimension is empty, I'd like to hide this dimension.

I try to use the expression getcurrentfield(MyGroupName)='$(v_dimension1)' or something like this.But it don't work.

I try to use getcurrentfield(MyGroupName) in a text field, it show   =$(v_dimension1) when the first dimension is select.

Any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I created 4 cycle groups and conditional show/hide them based on your variable value.

Have a look. (PFA)

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Dimension would be empty when the variable is empty, correct???

Why don't set the dimension condition like this:

Len(Trim($(v_dimension1))) > 0

I am sure I have misunderstood your question, so please forgive me if I have and please re-explain.

Best,

Sunny

mee-qlik
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I’d like that if i choose in v_Dimension3 = N/A , in the Cyclic dimension the N/A dimension is complety hide ( see attached file)

Best

Enrico

Da: sunindia

Inviato: venerdì 15 maggio 2015 18:11

A: Enrico Bandini

Oggetto: Re: - Dynamic Cyclic Groups and Conditionally hiding a column

sunny_talwar

I created 4 cycle groups and conditional show/hide them based on your variable value.

Have a look. (PFA)

Best,

Sunny

mee-qlik
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks!

Good solution, the problem is that if the cyclic dimension are more, the cycle groups and conditional show/hide grows up !

Thanks a lot

Enrico