Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

Dynamic Section Access

Hello All,

with the below script, i have build the dynamic section access. now i have added my name to the excel data list. when im trying to open the application i got the " Access Denied" error message. kindly help in future any additions to the list how can i provide the access to the members. kindly help me.  

/* load all the members from the network */

Data:

LOAD Source,

SID

FROM

[..\Desktop\Section Access\Output.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

USERACCESS:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN,

];

Concatenate

LOAD 'USER' AS ACCESS,

'NAEAST\'& SID as NTNAME

RESIDENT Data;

/* remove data members from memory */

Drop table Data;

/* create section access */

Section access;

Load *

Resident USERACCESS;

Section application;

Regards,

Navin

2 Replies
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

can someone help me on below issue. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend reviewing some key sources of information:

Help: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

Design Blog Post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Note, there are two other posts attached to the Design Blog link at the bottom related to Dynamic Data reduction, so be sure to check those too.  

You may find some further useful Documents in the following search result link:

QlikView Documents area search results for 'Section Access' 

About the best I can offer, really need a lot more info in order to help you troubleshoot, in these cases generally need the application with Section Access commented out such that the security table loads into the rest of the data model, so we can see how things are linked etc.  I would suspect that is where things are likely going wrong, but not sure.  I am also not sure what SID is in your case, generally the SID is not a friendly name, which is what we would want to be matching to, the user login ID, not their actual SID.  About that best I can explain that one.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.