Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic reporting solution need help!

Hello,

at the demo section there is a demo called "Recipe Box"!

Now what i need to figure out is how to create an report, that is able to print always 4 meals of the print table (screenshot) to X pages!

With GetPossibleCount(Figure)/4 i get the number of the X pages, but how to loop over the X pages with the next 4 meals?

I think with a macro it should be able to realize it, but i have no idea how to get this thing right!

For every help i'm thankful!!

corleone

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Corleone,
See attached example. It selects four values at a time, and prints the report. I understand that it should be more complex in real life, but it will give you an idea.

Not applicable
Author

thx michael, i think you sent me some usefull example! But there is one problem with prining the pages because "ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle" is not working! which app is this?

regards,

corelone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't think that WaitForIdle is a problem. I simply forgot to uncomment the printing line in the macro (was saving the paper here...)
Shouls be working now.

Not applicable
Author

michael,

i saw that you didn't delete the comment i did it already......but the problem is that i thought that "waitforidle" is an app for the pdf printer.....actual when i print the report i got 4pdfs and i want it all together in one pdf!

i found a workaround but this isn't a solution for me......

is it possible in qlikview to buffer the pages in qlikview and print them all together?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is easyCool
See attached. You don't even need a macro, unless you want a button for this. The essential part is using multi-page, and the report banding - looping report over the values of a field. See the new field Iter.

Not applicable
Author

thx michael,

i hope i am able to use this, because i don't know if i can create a field out of a macro......my file is dynamik and the number of pages depends on the selection so i can't do it in the skript! for this reason i want to buffer the pages.......or do you know is there a possibility to roll over a variable like fields??

regards,

corelone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Corleone,
In this case simply remove "banding" in the report's "page settings", and increase vertical margins (Top and/or Bottom) in the Report Setting margins, to make sure that exactly four items wil fit in. So, whatever is selected, there willl be always 4 items on printout (or pdf).