Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit the label of dimention

Hi I have a chart shown as following, I would like to

1. change the dimention of grade from 'A.xpb' to 'A'. How could I do it either in script or directly in the chart?

2.I would like to label each grade in their area, such as lable 'E' in the green area.

1111.jpg

Thanks so much!

14 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

For the first question you just need to place the name what you need in label field.

dimlabel.png

Or rename it in the script with

A.xpb  AS A

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Thx, but it seems to change the name of the label not each exact value of the label. In my sample if I choose the label box and it just change the show of 'Grade' not the 'A.xpb' to 'A'.

In the script I don't know how to change it seam it is the value of one variable, I could only load the [Grade] field....

Do you have another method?

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Oh.. I see.

So you need to add into the script

,Pick(WildMatch(Grade, 'A*','B*','C*','D*','E*'), 'A','B','C','D','E')  AS NewGrade

Reload script and use NewGrade as dimension

Regards,
Sergey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. You can use Pick(WildMatch(Grade, 'A*','B*','C*','D*','E*'), 'A','B','C','D','E') as @ Sergey Makushinsky Or else write a if condition.

2. I am not sure. But you can re-arrange the position of the labels by holding shift+cntrl keys and move the label panel to desired location.

Not applicable
Author

Thx! The first question has been solved...And what's your opinion for the second question?

Not applicable
Author

Hi thanks.

For the second question I would like to get the chart like this

4-15-2014 8-01-19 PM.jpg

Each label lay in their area...What can I do?

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The second question..

I don't think that it's a good idea, because you don't know where you able to put it because of weight...

But I need to think it over.

Regards,
Sergey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Instead you can do something like this....

Not applicable
Author

Yes...It's the chart what I want ...

But what I want to change is the label of the chart.....I know that excel could do so but I am not sure about the QV....4-15-2014 8-01-19 PM.jpg