cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Excel Export Issue: Random blank/empty row

Over the past year or so, some users and myself have exported data to Excel from Qlikview v11.206.0 SR13 and came across a random very large, blank row in the data.  The (empty) row is sometimes so big that the only way to re-size it is to highlight the entire row, right-click, row height, and enter 12.75 or something. 

I haven't been able to replicate it, just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue?  If so, how can it be replicated and/or fixed? 

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason

Very interesting. I've not come across this issue but haven't used sr13. Currently on sr12. Have you experienced the same issue on previous releases and have you checked to see if it is a bug fixed in sr14?

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I don't recall it happening before SR13.  Just checked the release notes for SR14 and SR15.  Didn't see any mention of the issue.  Very good questions - made me think.  Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. I've also just checked the latest release notes and as you say no reference at all. It will be interesting to see if anyone else in the community has experienced the same issue. Did you get this issue when exporting from a particular client to excel or from any particular chart object i.e. from a pivot table but not from a straight table or something like that. Seems very strange. Final question for now did it happen with only one particular qlikview document or from different documents?

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It has only occurred when exporting a straight table from Qlikview Client to Excel 2010 thru 2016.  It 'might' happen with a Pivot table. 

It has happened from many different documents - two totally separate server environments / companies.

duzford13
Contributor III
Contributor III

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a handful of users who are seeing the same thing when they export, but I cannot replicate it. We are on version 12.1 SR8.