Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression Overview setting

Hi all,

I'm using 11 SR1 and am not always able to open the Expression Overview via the Setting drop down menu, or Ctrl + Alt + E. If I open a new, blank qvw, it seems to work, but stops popping up after I begin copying in the objects that I'd like to modify via Expression Overview. Is there a setting I need to change?

For what it's worth, I'm not losing access to Variable Overview, or anything else as far as I can tell.

Appreciate any guidance,

Whitney

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Whitney,

There are no settings, as far as I know, but sometimes it takes very long time to open it, especially if there are many expressions.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Whitney,

There are no settings, as far as I know, but sometimes it takes very long time to open it, especially if there are many expressions.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the info, Michael. I'll take your word for it, but unfortunately patience hasn't helped with this particular file.

alexmosq
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Did you get it to work eventually? I have the same problem with a not too complex application. Nothing at all happens when i press Ctrl-Alt-E or when I try to bring up the dialog via the toolbar.

I found an alternative solution however. There is another way to access expression definitions and other structural data.

1. Create a new QV doc.

2. Go into the script editor and click on the Table Files button (i.e. browse for a table file).

3. Browse to the folder where your original .qvw is located and select it (You will have to select "Show all files" in the filetype dropdown first.)

4. Tell QlikView to interpret the QV file as an XML table. (See pic below.)

5. You'll find all the expressions in the the "DocumentSummary\Expression" table.

Make sure you comment out everything else in the automatically generated load script, since you'll end up with circular or synthetic relationships otherwise.

sshot.PNG

yduval75
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I think it's because you have implemented a section access in your application and you have gone inside your application throught a user or a ntname.

You can comment it or put an exit script before when you develop.

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Hi all,

I had a doubt in the find/replace feature in the expression overview.

There is an expression which i want to modify throughout the application.

The expression is also present in the Layout--> Show--> 'conditional'  PFB:

Capture.PNG

By anyway can i replace this expression also via Expression Overview as it would be very tedious manually?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chhavi.