Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

Expression background color vs Custom cell format

Hi,

I have an expression background formula that basically says if you're under budget by 250K and that is 10% of budget then put in lightgreen, if false but you're over budget by 50K and that is 10% of budget then you're in a red color.

see this:

=if((sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] -= {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)-

sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] = {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)> 250000) and

(sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] -= {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)-

sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] = {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)>

0.1*(sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] = {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * %CR004M))),lightgreen(),

if((sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] -= {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)-

sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] = {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)< -50000) and

(sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] -= {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)-

sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] = {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * -1)<

-0.1*(sum({$<[%CLE_Type_Transaction_ID] = {'EB', 'EA'}, [Unité administrative ID]-={'0000'} >}[Montant cumulé aad] * %CR004M))), RGB(255,87,129)))

Works like a charm for all my rows except the last total line. It just free games on me

Sans titre.png

I try to fix the background color with a custom cell format, but the expression background color takes precedence.

Any clue why this would happen?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the reason is that your expression on these TOTAL level returned no valid result. Probably you will need to wrap your expression into an aggr-function to get your desired result: AGGR...

- Marcus

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for the hint.

I started a new expression to validate the proper AGGR nomenclature to obtain the desired effect.

With an AGGR on the three dimensions I am showing, I get a result for each line but blanks for totals.

So that's not working out for me right now.