Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression to ignore a selection

I am trying to come up with an expression that would count the instance when certain dates apply. however, I want to ignore any selection made in the Status field but still want to include any selections made on other fields. I was able to create an expression that would ignore all selections, but I cannot figure out how to modify this to keep my date piece, and ignore 1 selection but not others (for example I have a Type and a Location that I would still want to be selected and see that reflected in my count).

COUNT(DISTINCT {1-$} if(EndDate > Today(0)-6 AND EndDate > '1-1-3000'), RecordNumber)

Any suggestions on how I could modify this one? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the assistance. I ended up making it work with the following adjustments:

EndDate={'>$(=Today(0)-6)'}

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You seem to be combining Set Analysis and If Thens. You should be able to do it all with Set Analysis.

How about this:

COUNT(DISTINCT {1<EndDate = {$('>Today(0)-6')},EndDate = {$('> 1-1-3000')}>} RecordNumber)

That will ignore all selections, but force the End date logic (although I'm a little confused as to why you need two and what 1/1/3000 is).

EDIT: I changed my mind. If you only want to ignore the selections in the Status field, use:

COUNT(DISTINCT {$<Status=,EndDate = {$('>Today(0)-6')},EndDate = {$('> 1-1-3000')}>} RecordNumber)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the assistance. I ended up making it work with the following adjustments:

EndDate={'>$(=Today(0)-6)'}