Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter column in a straight table

Hi,

I have an issue which I hope you can help me with. I have a straight table where one column is an ISBN number which is a specific code for a book. In the expression I have count of listenings to the specific books. The issue is that I want to filter ISBN number which have a specific serie (where 4 numbers in the ISBN number are the same) I have added below code in the script but I guess I have to add an expression aswell in the table?

select p.ID as PROGRAM_ID, p.ISBN, p.NAME, roy.ID AS ROYALTY_ID, roy.CUSTOMER_ID, roy.FULL_EQUIVALENTS, roy.INSERT_DATE AS INSERT_DATE

FROM bokilur.ROYALTY_DK roy

JOIN bokilur.PROGRAM p ON roy.PROGRAM_ID=p.ID

WHERE PUBLISHER LIKE '%Gyldendal%' AND ISBN LIKE '%0215%'

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Try

if(wildmatch(PUBLISHER,'*Gyldendal*') and wildmatch(ISBN,'*0215*'),0215)

Then tick the box Chart properties -> Dimensions -> Suppress When Value is Null.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

How is the data in ISBN field(in qv; after load) and which of them do you want to display in the chart?

Not applicable
Author

Add to the properties -> Expressions

=only(match(PUBLISHER,'*Gyldendal*') and match(ISBN,'*0215*'))

Then tick the box Chart properties -> Dimensions -> Suppress When Value is Null.

Not applicable
Author

I added above to the expression but it doesn't seem to work. I ticked the "suppress when value in null" in the straight table -> dimension -> ISBN. Maybe that wasn't correct?

Not applicable
Author

Try

if(wildmatch(PUBLISHER,'*Gyldendal*') and wildmatch(ISBN,'*0215*'),0215)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that worked!