Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter list box which influence for every object with different alternate states

Good day!

In my model i have several object with different states. (State1,State2, State3,State4,State5)

I need to add some list box with some filters (For example, month), which must filter data in all objects with such states.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

So lets say your chart is in state2 and you want it to react to a field in inherited state called Field1

Sum({<Field1 = $::Field1>} Sales)

The above expression will react to all selections in state2 + it will react to selection in Field1 from inherited state now

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can configure your expressions to react to inherited state's list box. But this would require you to change the expression within all the objects, not really sure if you would like to do that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you please write some example (come expression),  which will react to inherited state's in listbox?

I think, it must be some special operator in expr?

Thanks.

sunny_talwar

So lets say your chart is in state2 and you want it to react to a field in inherited state called Field1

Sum({<Field1 = $::Field1>} Sales)

The above expression will react to all selections in state2 + it will react to selection in Field1 from inherited state now

t_chetirbok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi!

Your list box should be in inherited state

and in chart you can use expression for example: sum( {$*State1} SALES)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Perfect!

Thanks!!!!