Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter on Null value in Pivot

Hi

Im rather new to QV, and hope some of you guys can help me out. Ive run into a problem and tried out a few solutions suggested here at the forum, but without any solving of my problem...

I have a pivot chart and need to filter on Null values of the field called "Ax-indkøb opretdato"... so i in my dataset only see the values with a "-"

ive tried to do the following, with guidance from some forum posts seen on this forum -

Null test:

if(len(Ax-indkøb opretdato),0,1), then i created a listbox for the null test, but it seems like im only able to filter on values with a date, eg. 01-10-2012, and not the "-"

Null test 2:

if(isnull([Ax-indkøb opretdato]), 'field is empty', [Ax-indkøb opretdato]), same thing... i created a listbox on the Null 2, and wanted to filter on "field is empty", but i cannot do so.

QV-prob2.jpg

Im not able to post a QV file for it, as all data is running on the company server (or atleast i dont know how to include data into a file i can post here for review)

is there any way to solve this Null filter issue?

Cheers

Niklas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Changing script is the only option in this case, as far as I know.  It will look more or less the same:

f(isnull([Ax-indkøb opretdato]), 'field is empty', [Ax-indkøb opretdato]) as [Ax-indkøb opretdato]

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Niklas,

My guess is that you created 'field is empty' value on the fornt end.  Try to do this in the script, it must work.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for my noob'iness, but how would i do that? Ive mainly had my ways around Qlikview through the IE QV plugin, and not so much the desktop version yet...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Changing script is the only option in this case, as far as I know.  It will look more or less the same:

f(isnull([Ax-indkøb opretdato]), 'field is empty', [Ax-indkøb opretdato]) as [Ax-indkøb opretdato]