Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Filter possible list items in List Box

Good morning.  I'm new to Qlikview so apologies if this is a silly question however I cannot seem to find a solution and was hoping you could help.

I have a set of data available and would like to use this on a dashboard as a potential filter item for individual managers to select their teams and then their peer teams for comparison, however I only want the list box on the dashboard to contain a subset of the entire list.  Is this possible?

So for example, if the data contains a filed entitled "Team" and in that team list there were listed 20 teams however for the list box potential selection I wanted to show only 5 of those teams, how can I do this?

I've tried playing with the list box to hide escluded items, but this then does not allow them to see the other 4 items for future selection when looking at peer comparison.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

4 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Honored Contributor

Re: Filter possible list items in List Box

Following link would help. http://community.qlik.com/message/163230#163230 Regards. Siva

MVP
MVP

If you want to filter the values in your list box, you can either create a new field in your team table with only the values you want to display, or create a field expression in your list box (select <Expression> from the field drop down list in properties) then enter something like

=if( match( Team, 'Team1', 'Team2', 'Team3', 'Team4', 'Team5'), Team)

Not applicable

Hi swuehl,

You are absolutely right, that resolved my problem.

Not applicable

Thanks!! Helped me!

Community Browser