Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Folder Navigation in QLikview

Hello,

I am migrating some reports from SAP BO (Business Objects) to Qlikview.

In BO, I have a Folder structure defined which contains reports in it. Approximately there are around 100 reports in BO.

I want to create only one .qvw file which should contain these 100 reports.

Is there any solution in qlikview where I can create same folder structure(as of BO) in a sheet so that when the user navigates in qlikview he can get the feel as if he is working with BO.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vivek

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sounds like you need to achieve three objectives:

1. Read data in

You can read the data into QlikView using the For Each .... IN DirList(Dir) and For Each .... IN FileList(Dir) commands.

2. Organise reports

You can up a hierarchial structure using the Hierarchy command with the directory names as nodes. You would would probably only need to do this as a linked table for presentation purposes

3. Present data

You could use a pivot table, maybe with indent mode ticked in the Style properties, to show the hierarchy, collapsing it when a report has been choosen. A search box alongside that would also be useful.

Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did this help ? If it solved your issue mark the question answered.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jonathan,

The solutions which you suggested was very helpful. Thanks a lot.

I concatenated all the columns with a separator "/". In Qlikview I used the option of "Show as TreeView" in the Properties of ListBox. Qlikview on its own generatesd the Folder Structure for me.

Thanks,

Vivek Korani