Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielle_v
Creator
Creator

Forecast Snapshot Data

Hi All,

I currently have a report in QV which shows the forecasted upcoming volumes - this forecast data updates each day based on events achieved and dates amended in our system. We now have a requirement to measure what actually happened against the forecast from a given point. So for example this could be something like: on 31st October, the forecast for all of November was 100 purchase orders. However, in November actually 120 purchase orders were dispatched.

I think we need to snapshot the forecast data to lock it down at a given point (say, on the last day of each month, the forecast data for the following month is snapshotted). My initial thought was that I could manually export the data out of QV into an Excel file each month, and then re-export it back into QV to do the analysis against the actuals.

I'm sure there must be a smarter way of doing this though?

Any pointers much appreciated!

2 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I think, creating a QVD and increment load of everyday's forecast data into the QVD will help you to analyse all the forecast data as per your requirement at a given point of time.

Thanks.

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

This is helpful - thank you!

I will see if I can set up a QVD to be updated on a monthly basis in order to store the locked-down forecast data, which I can then reload back into the QVW.