Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Function to find one value

Table expression.bmp

Thi is my chart on Qliview. However, now I want to add a new value but to do that I need to use another value. So this is my question:

E.G. Lets look to 1/4/2015 to volume $AUDIT: for this row I want to find the value FREE of the volume $AUDIT on the previous day. In others words, I want a function which can retrieve the value FREE where the ID of this value will be the Value from the previous day. In others words, for the row $Audit on 1/4/2015 I am looking for the value FREE of the row $Audit and 1/3/2015 which is 42972.08. Which function can I use?

On excel I was using VLOOKUP, but in Qlikview I have no idea how to perform this task. Does anyone have any suggestion how to do it?

If i could get all the dates. I can get the more recent date and then take the number FREE for the row of the specific volume. I think this problem is harder than I can handle at least on my current level (I am new yo Qlikview). Any help will be helpful (from what I search I dont think I can get the results I want using the above function).

4 Replies
MarcoWedel

If there are values on daily basis, you could use the above() function to retrieve the value of a previous row.

Not applicable
Author

Usually there is. But if there isn't it will be a problem and I would want to prevent from that.

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that it isn't the row before but the most recent value I have for that value.

Not applicable
Author

Hai Pedro,

Try LOADing the data with group by 'VOLUME FIELD' first and followed by other fields . Once you loaded the data  as such use Above(field) in the chart.you will get the required results. If it is not clear please send me sample data , I will attach the sample application with results.