Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Function to find one value

Table expression.bmp

Thi is my chart on Qliview. However, now I want to add a new value but to do that I need to use another value. So this is my question:

E.G. Lets look to 1/4/2015 to volume $AUDIT: for this row I want to find the value FREE of the volume $AUDIT on the previous day. In others words, I want a function which can retrieve the value FREE where the ID of this value will be the Value from the previous day. In others words, for the row $Audit on 1/4/2015 I am looking for the value FREE of the row $Audit and 1/3/2015 which is 42972.08. Which function can I use?

On excel I was using VLOOKUP, but in Qlikview I have no idea how to perform this task. Does anyone have any suggestion how to do it?

If i could get all the dates. I can get the more recent date and then take the number FREE for the row of the specific volume. I think this problem is harder than I can handle at least on my current level (I am new yo Qlikview). Any help will be helpful (from what I search I dont think I can get the results I want using the above function).

4 Replies

Re: Function to find one value

If there are values on daily basis, you could use the above() function to retrieve the value of a previous row.

Not applicable

Usually there is. But if there isn't it will be a problem and I would want to prevent from that.

Not applicable

The problem is that it isn't the row before but the most recent value I have for that value.

Not applicable

Hai Pedro,

Try LOADing the data with group by 'VOLUME FIELD' first and followed by other fields . Once you loaded the data  as such use Above(field) in the chart.you will get the required results. If it is not clear please send me sample data , I will attach the sample application with results.

Community Browser