Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generating conditional list of outputs

Hello,

I am releatively new to QlikView and have 2 questions:

(1) I was wondering how to write an expression that generates an output list conditional on certain fields being either available or unavailable in the data.

For example, I need to generate an output list for today's date (01/07/2013)  for any requests (sample below) that do not have a visit date within 3 day of the request date AND do have both a processing date and an appointment date BUT do not have a completed date.

Today - 01/07/2013

Request #1 - AAA

Request date - 01/01/2013

Processing date - 01/01/2013

Appointment date - no data

Visit date - no data

Complete date - no data

Request #2 - BBB

Appointment date - 01/02/2013

Visit date - no data

Complete date - 01/07/2013

Request #3 - CCC

Appointment date - 01/02/2013

Visit date - no data

Complete date - no data

In this example, the only output in the list should be Request #3 - CCC.

(2) In additon, I need to generate a "missing data" rate for any requests completed on today's date but that are missing dates for the appointment date and visit date.  In this case, the missing data rate should be 100% because the only request completed on 01/07/2013 is missing a visit date.  The expression i am currently using is:

Where Dimension is Complete Date ....  =(count(if(Appointment Date]=null() or Visit Date = null(),[Request #],null()))/count([Request #]))

Please advise.

Thanks for the help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I finally got some time to play around with your second request.  See if this is what you had in mind for the missing data percentage.  Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Following your logic for #1, wouldn't both Request 1 and Request 3 be shown? I don't have time today to look at #2, but take a look at the attached sheet and see if it gets you any closer.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your swift response!

I've been trying to work with the sheet you attached and am still having trouble.  Also, I may have not been as clear as I would have liked in the instructions...Request 1 should not be shown because it did not have an appointment date.

My primary confusions surrounds what this part of the fuction is supposed to do:

(VisitDate>(RequestDate+3) or VisitDate<(RequestDate+3) or IsNull(RequestDate))

I tried to iterate on your expression, and this got me a little closer to the answer, but i'm still scrambling a bit! 🙂  On change I made is to make the look-up date for the data the Request Date (01/01/2013) rather than Today (01/07/2013):

=if([Request Date]+3)

and

(IsNull[Visit Date]) 

and

([Processing Date]<>0 or [Processing Date]<>'')

and

([Appointment Date]<>0 or [Appointment Date]<>'')

and

(IsNull [Complete Date]=-1 or [Complete Date]=''),1)

Thanks again,  Rob

Not applicable
Author

Ah, I see.  Take a look at the attached document.  Item #3 is the only one shown.

Not applicable
Author

I finally got some time to play around with your second request.  See if this is what you had in mind for the missing data percentage.  Hope it helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help, Rebecca!