Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Get minimum date of a set

Dear Exports,
     I need help regarding below scenario. Hope someone will have solution for the same.
     Problem Scenario:
     I have a variable which holds a value say 2000.
     I have a table which has the transactions by date, something like shown below.

Transaction Date
Quantity
1/1/2013
1/10/2013500
2/5/2013
2/20/2013700
3/13/2013300
3/18/2013
3/25/2013500
4/3/2013200
4/16/2013500
4/24/2013800
4/30/2013500
The Date format is MM/DD/YYYY.
What i want is if I pass the Date say 1st Mar 2013 then it should add the quantity from 1st Mar 2013 and going in descending order and check for the sum of quantity and stop on the date where the sum of quantity from 1st Mar 2013 to that day is lesser than the variable quantity.
So the out put should be 2/5/2013 date.
I am here by sending the excel for reference.
Thanks in Advance.
Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I hope I understood your requirements correctly. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

The logic is really good, but the thing is i have more dimensions apart from just date, so if I merge AsofDate with each parameter, the table will be too huge.

The count for the dimensions are

Item      -  1 million.

Months -  48

Salesperson - 200

Divisions  - 20

I hope you understand what I want to say.

Do you think creating a table will be better then using the logic suggested by you in script?

Thanks again for a wonderful logic.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think you need to merge AsofDate with each parameter, only with the date field. In the example I joined the AsofDate with the main table, but that is not really necessary. You can simply keep it as a separate table linked to the data field.

If you have 48 months then I assume that means about two years. That would mean about 730 unique date values. The AsofDate table would at contain at most (730^2+730)/2 = 266815 records. That's not all that large. And it will compress quite nicely since there are only 730 unique values.

If you add the dimensions to your chart then you should get the correct results from the expression for the dimension combinations.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand