Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepprasad_j
Creator
Creator

Help Needed : Count function returning wrong result in Expressions tab of Sheet properties

Hi,

Please find the following expression that have been used to calculate the no. of rows containing specific field values :

count({<[From Task]={'PublishingHolding' , 'ReviewAndProofHolding' , 'EscalatedPDS'}>}[To Task]='Escalations')

The expected output should be the number of rows where the field value in [From Task] column is 'PublishingHolding' or 'ReviewAndProofHolding' or 'EscalatedPDS' and the value in [To Task] column is 'Escalations'. Kindly let me know if the above expression is correct, suggest any changes if required.

Thanks a Heap.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

your set analysis is off and you need to count on a column from your table,  I used [From Task] in the below but feel free to change it to what ever you want. 

count({<[From Task]={'PublishingHolding' , 'ReviewAndProofHolding' , 'EscalatedPDS'}, [To Task]={'Escalations'} >} [From Task])

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

your set analysis is off and you need to count on a column from your table,  I used [From Task] in the below but feel free to change it to what ever you want. 

count({<[From Task]={'PublishingHolding' , 'ReviewAndProofHolding' , 'EscalatedPDS'}, [To Task]={'Escalations'} >} [From Task])

Not applicable

Hi

i think you have to count like this:

count({<[From Task]={'PublishingHolding' , 'ReviewAndProofHolding' , 'EscalatedPDS'}>} [From Task] )

+

count( {< [To Task]={'Escalations'} >} [To Rask] )

HTH

Roland

Note:

not sytax checked

sandeepprasad_j
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a heap Gene and Roland. I've made the suggested changes in the expression and its working correctly.

Cheers.