Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Pivotal table please

How can I filter data in a different sheet based on the expression in a pivot table?

I have a pivot table as follows

Month Name               August           September     October

Platform                     Cable  Dish     Cable Dish     Cable Dish

Movies Scheduled

With Captions               200     250     150    100     200       170        

Without Captions          150     170     150      10        15        25

Movies Delivered

With Captions               100     250       50    100     200         70        

Without Captions          90         70     150      10        15        25

I tried to create the above using a pivot table. I used expressions to show the count of movies with captions and without captions. The expressions are very different for Movies scheduled and Movies Delivered.

For Movies Scheduled with Caption - I used the following expression

Count( {$<[IsClosedCaptioningAvailable]={'Y'}>} AssetId )

For Movies Delivered with Caption - I used the following expression

Count( {$<[IsClosedCaptioningConfirmed]={'Y'},[IsClosedCaptioningValid]={'Y'},[DisplayStatus] ={'Completed'}>} AssetId )

The data looks correct but when I click at the movies delivered with  caption or without caption count for any month, the data in other sheets in not being filtered out.

I am very new to Qlikview. Can you please suggest me if there is a better way to do this?

3 Replies
alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ksuraup,

It's how qlikview behaves with the Pivot Table . You can create a field in the Script and display it as a dimension . Then you can select the Delivery Status from the Pivot table . Just make the Expression as count of Asset ID .

if

(IsClosedCaptioningAvailable='Y',"Packages Scheduled",
if(IsClosedCaptioningConfirmed='Y' and IsClosedCaptioningValid='Y',[DisplayStatus] ='Completed', "Packages Delivered")) as Delivery

Status,

Hope this helps ...

Regards,

Alvin.

alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ksuraup,

It's how qlikview behaves with the Pivot Table . You can create a field in the Script and display it as a dimension . Then you can select the Delivery Status from the Pivot table . Just make the Expression as count of Asset ID .

if

(IsClosedCaptioningAvailable='Y',"Packages Scheduled",
if(IsClosedCaptioningConfirmed='Y' and IsClosedCaptioningValid='Y',[DisplayStatus] ='Completed', "Packages Delivered")) as Delivery

Status,

Hope this helps ...

Regards,

Alvin.

Not applicable
Author

Alvin, thanks for your response.

When I added the following code in the script, I get a script error and am not able to determine what the error is. I made sure all the field  names are correct

if (IsClosedCaptioningAvailable='Y',"Packages Scheduled",

if(IsClosedCaptioningConfirmed='Y' and IsClosedCaptioningValid='Y' and DisplayStatus ='Completed', "Packages Delivered")) as DeliveryStatus 

Can you figure out if I am doing any thing wrong here?

Thanks,