Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How-To: Repeat First Opening Value in another column

Hi there

I need to perform a calculation based on Closing Value, accumulation of the Purchases and Sales, and the First Opening Value based on the Date Selection.
I have tried functions and Set Analysis and get get anything to bring the value down?
My last Alternative would be to only have a year to date static graph.
Attached is the model. I want the "Open" value to be repeated in the "First Open Val" and change when the Dimesnion changes.
(Please note that it is also not necessarily the smallest value)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You could calculate First Open Val as Follows

FirstSortedValue(TOTAL <[Asset Manager],[Performance CAT]>[Open Val],PerfMonthEnding)

Hope this helps

Hilaire

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry - I can't quite follow what you are trying to achieve.  Is it the "Cumulative Perf" expression you are struggling with?  What should it do?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

Its the Column "First Open Val" that I am struggling with.
If I only select 31/03/2011 and 30/04/2011 and no other selections, in "First Open Val" the amount for Asset Manager= A1 and Performance CAT ="E" should by 5621 for both, and if the date selection was for 12 months then the "First Open Val" needs to be repeated from the Lowest dates val for the 12 Months.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You could calculate First Open Val as Follows

FirstSortedValue(TOTAL <[Asset Manager],[Performance CAT]>[Open Val],PerfMonthEnding)

Hope this helps

Hilaire

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

My solution is attached but Hilaire's is cleaner!

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hilaire

I am hoping that you might be able to help me with the next step that I need to do in this model.

Please see attached.

The FirstSortedValue works for the details, But I am not able to find a way to be able to represent 2 different graphs using the formula for “Asset Manager” and “Performance CAT”

If I create a new table for to perform the grouping it works although I end up with a Syn table, but if I create a second summary then the FirstSortedValue doesn’t work.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Gijs