Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to calculate numeric values which particular column values have.

Hi all,

I started the Qlikview recently.

I'm Japanese.So I'm not speak English well.

If you don't understand what I said, please tell me about it.

I want to calculate the gross profit. So I have to subtract cost amount from sale amount.

But the two amounts are in the same column, Account headline.

Would you mind checking the attachment file ?

I can't investigate how to calculate the two amounts.

Please tell me about it.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Yusuke

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yusuke,

Are you using Qlikview Personnel Edtion? i.e. are you using Qlikview without license?

If so.. you would not be able to open any Qlikview application which is developed by Personal Edition / Licensed edtion.

You should have two dimesions and three expressions.

Dimesion1     -->    Year

Dimesion2     -->    Team

Expression1  -->    Sum ({<[Account headline] = {'sale'}>} Amount) // Expression For Sales

Expression2  -->    Sum ({<[Account headline] = {'cost'}>} Amount) // Expression For Cost

Expression3  -->    Column(1)-Column(2) // Expression For Gross Profit.

Check out the attached image. Qlikview pivot table look like the attached image.

- Sridhar

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Check out the attached application.

Hope this may help you.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar,

How do I check the qvw file?

I got the message that said "it is not possible to open QlikView documents created by other users."

Regards,

Yusuke

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Create a pivot chart. Add followinf Dimentions

Year, Team, Amount Headline.

Add following expression.

1. give lable as "Sales" and Expression as Sum ({<[Account headline] = {'sale'}>} Amount).

2. give lable as "Cost" and Expression as Sum ({<[Account headline] = {'cost'}>} Amount).

3. give lable as "Gross Profit" and Expression as Column(1) - column(2).

Click ok and a povit chart will be available to you.

Drag the Amount Headline dimension at the top of the expression and you will get what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Yusuke,

Are you using Qlikview Personnel Edtion? i.e. are you using Qlikview without license?

If so.. you would not be able to open any Qlikview application which is developed by Personal Edition / Licensed edtion.

You should have two dimesions and three expressions.

Dimesion1     -->    Year

Dimesion2     -->    Team

Expression1  -->    Sum ({<[Account headline] = {'sale'}>} Amount) // Expression For Sales

Expression2  -->    Sum ({<[Account headline] = {'cost'}>} Amount) // Expression For Cost

Expression3  -->    Column(1)-Column(2) // Expression For Gross Profit.

Check out the attached image. Qlikview pivot table look like the attached image.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar and Kaushik,

Thank you very much !

I could do what I wanted to do.

Regards,

Yusuke