Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to carry selections while jumping from one QVW file to another QVW

Hi Guys,

I am accessing second QV file from the first one but have no idea whether a selection can be passed to the second QV file or not.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sagar,

That it the expected behavior, those are different QVW files and they are not linked. Anytime you change anything in the first QVW you will have to click on the button to open it again and apply the new selections on the second QVW.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sagar Gupta,

Create a new button, go to the object properties, Actions tab, add a new one type External, Open QlikView Document, set the name of the document and make sure that "Transfer State" and "Apply State on Top of Current" are checked.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Mr Miguel,

I am able to carry the selection to other QVW file but there is one problem, when i am returning to my first QVW file and changing the selections then newly made selections are not reflected in the other QVW file. In order to achieve this i have close my second QVW file everytime.

Can you through some light on it...

Once again many many Thanks

Regards

Sagar Gupta

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sagar,

That it the expected behavior, those are different QVW files and they are not linked. Anytime you change anything in the first QVW you will have to click on the button to open it again and apply the new selections on the second QVW.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel