Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create expression to display values on line chart for date entries that have no actual values?

Does anyone know how to "trick" the line chart to display values for absent data points?

I have a chart which displays product price variation by days and hours, the chart showing only time stamp entries only where a price variation was registered. For example we have a price change on 12th of Jan, and the next one is on 16th of Jan. This means that between these 2 points in time, my price was 1935. What happens today, is that if the user will select the day of 14th Jan for egg, the chart will not display any data (as expected). My question is: is there any way to create the expression for this chart to display the price of 1935 if i select 14th Jan (meaning a date entry for which I don't have a value in my table)?

I cannot generate a calendar and then join it or use intervalmatch() with my price variation table as I would have more than 500M records and it takes forever...

price_chart.JPG

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

The easiest way to solve this is to populate every time stamp with a sales value. You could do this in the script using a peek function, however this would generate a large number of records which might not be your aim.