Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create select distinct from list box selected value....

I want to not need to select all other values  and just select onr and get all except that registries and also sum the values for some fiels where multiple same  value exist  one showing total for that sum value .

I select 1 and get all records for 2.3.4 and if i have for 2  lets say 3 entries with  value 1,2,3 to show 2 with column value 6

15 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Do you want sum all the entries except selected values?

Not applicable
Author

No anlu ,first i need to get all values different from column except the one i will select ,after those values have other column  with values  that some i will need to sum ,some divide depending  but only for  the case where i have records more then one.

Like:                         If i select 1 in the table box i will have :   for A column from list box i will have in table box:2,3,4 with  let say sum that will be 52 and for 5 let say divide .... to ...       (main problem is to make the the selection to show other then other stuff i can do )

A       B                     

1       10

2        20

3        30

4         40

4          12

5           ...

5        ...

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Under Document Propertes -> Triggers , add a 'on select' trigger for the field in question and add an action 'select excluded' . Enter the same field name for the action.

Attached is a short example

Not applicable
Author

Can you offer a writen example for the trigger and select excluded is an mark /unmarked  section  in proprieties that i read in a post but didn t do anything when i did it but will try doing all you said,just i don t have  full version so can really see more then script edit code  so an example  writen expression needed would help a lot.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Does this help ?

The list box shows the field 'region'. Then i added a trigger for 'onselect' region with the action 'select excluded' on the field region.

Capture.PNG.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Use SET ANALYIS to tweak the user's selection in the context of an individual chart or table in the UI.

For example, if a user selects the Region 'North America'  , the following expression in a chart will make the chart only show Regions that DO NOT equal 'North America'. 

sum(  {$<Region -={'$(=Only(Region))'}>}   Sales)

The '-=' is a way of saying 'NOT' .   If the user makes multiple selections, the syntax would have to be improved to accommodate that scenario as the above is only for 1 selection at a time.

Not applicable
Author

I need only for a selection   so it should be ok in that regard having trouble thinking how to  sum up into one line the where i have copies like i said in first post for  2  linies for 4 to show only one  .

A              B           C           D            to make       A          C     D

1              261        x            10                             2           y      20         for  sum of then example (what i need out)

2              531        y             20                            3           z       80

3              101        z             30

3               531       z            50

load * from ...

Where A not 1

and where i have

The example with region and sales as i understand will sum up all  not only for where i have same column  like in my exampel 3  but all sales  =100  and that not what i want.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you  sum(D) then you will get 30+50=80. 

Take a look at below:

With 'Africa' selected, it shows the other Regions .  But with 2007 and 2008 selected, it shows 2007 and 2008 years for those other Regions

All i used was Region and Year as dimensions with an expression of:

sum(  {$<Region  =- {'$(=Only(Region))'}>} Sales)

Capture.PNG.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I loaded the AUFM data with the load script below. Then I created a PIVOT CHART that looks like the following. Two points:

1. 'Material' column is a constant and is just the value of the Material that the user selects. It is stored as a variable: Material =  only(Material)

2. The expression causes the filter that you want. Specifically the SET statement "{$<Material =- {'$(vMaterial)'}>}"  will cause only OTHER  Material to show (opposite of user selection). Here is the full expression

sum(  {$<Material =- {'$(vMaterial)'}>} Cantitate)

3. to add more expressions just repeat the SET statement in each expression

Capture.PNG.png

Capture1.PNG.png

Capture2.PNG.png

Capture3.PNG.png

LOAD Doc.mat.,

[Dată doc.],

DatăÎnreg,

TMş,

Material,

LDep,

Lot,