Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subin6600
Creator III
Creator III

How to get rid of Control +Shift+M functionality permanently?

Hi,

I have a report which is having a functionaltiy for the users to reload the report using Macro & EDX. But the issue here is we need to explicity select the option as in the below screenshot.

Can we make any changes in the settings which will disable and save me the time to not do it manually everytime?

nogap.JPG

Appreciate your answers in advance.

Regards,

Subin

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

'// ************************************************** 

'// Script for adding some registry keys to the current user profile/registry settings 
'// for enabling the macro security/module security for the SERVER defined below 
'// ~ 

'// CONFIGURATION 

'// Just configure the script by defining your server below 

'// ~ 

'// The article explaining this script can be found at 

'// http://www.qlikblog.at/523/ 

'// ************************************************** 

CONST cSERVER_NAME = "YOUR_SERVER_NAME"

Dim WshShell 'as Object 

' Delete any registry entries where the user blocked script for the server
on error resume next
WSHShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script Blocked\" & cSERVER_NAME
WSHShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script Blocked\"

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\", 1, "REG_SZ" 

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System\", 1, "REG_SZ" 

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System\ " & cSERVER_NAME, "", "REG_SZ"

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your reply!

Should i directly add this part of code to the EDX trigger?

Do i need to make any changes in the code you have atttahced above?

Regards,
Subin

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

The code changes some registry entries on your computer. You needx to enter your server name on this line:

CONST cSERVER_NAME = "YOUR_SERVER_NAME"

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ya i read the post(blog). But this is for making the prompt of Macro to be enabled. This is something different than what i requested for.

To check you can open the blog

http://www.qlikblog.at/523/

and check the comment Stefan Walther has commented on Brian Haas question.

Regards,

Subin