Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvitalyte
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to identify if licensed qv version is used?

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to identify whether a QV application is opened with a licensed QV or with a Personal edition. Depending on that, I want to hide some sheets: if a person is using a licensed QlikView, then he can see everything; if he is using Personal Edition, then some sheets are hidden for him.

If any of you guys know the function, macro, etc., which could help to identify, please share it with me.

Thanks,

Milda

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why? Personal Edition can only four times open a document not created by itself using the recovery feature. After that you need a license to open files created elsewhere. It sound like you either have a very shortlived problem or your trying to evade the licensing terms.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
mvitalyte
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Well if I give my app to a person, he can open it, load the data , save the app and then use it without any restricitons as long as he wants.

So I want to give such app to a number of people: those who are using licensed QV, can see everything; and Personal edition users - only a part of app.

But I cannot find the way to identify the usage of license.

Milda

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think there is a way to check the license information. But you can use section access to limit the data and sheets a user has access to. I think that way you can achieve what you want. See here for an introduction.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
mvitalyte
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. I am aware of this method.

I was just thinking that there is another way.